" do what you love - love what you do"
I offer an extensive range of therapeutic, assessment and relaxation techniques customized to meet your specific needs and wants.
As part of your service, I can also provide you with pain management techniques such as stretching, strengthening exercises and the use of heat or cold therapy, which will help you prolong the benefits of massage and get the most out of your treatment.
For Frequenty Asked Questions about Massage Therapy please see PDF.
Prepared by the Registered Massage Therapy Association of Ontario
Benefits Of Massage
Many of today’s health problems can benefit from massage therapy because at the core of massage it is the manipulation of soft tissues; soft tissues which can affect all systems of our body. Massage has been touted as one of the oldest forms of medical treatment and in recent years its benefits have been supported by many qualitative and quantitative research.
- Reducing or eliminating chronic/acute pain
- Improving joint mobility
- Improving circulation and reducing inflammation
- Improving immune system functioning
- Increasing lymphatic drainage
- Reducing depression, anxiety and stress
- Reducing tension within muscles
- Pregnancy and Labour support
- Increasing body/posture awareness
- Enhance your overall sense of emotional and physical well-being
- Pure relaxation and enjoyment!
Common Reasons to see a RMT
- Inflammatory conditions such as arthritis and tendinitis
- Stress relief and associated conditions
- Headaches and migraines
- Muscle and related conditions such as spasms, strains and sprains
- Back pain
- Repetitive strain injury
- Circulatory and Respiratory problems
- Pregnancy and labour discomfort
- Post-injury and post surgical rehabilitation
and these are just to name a few...
* to read more about benefits/research on massage visit
- Touch Research Institute
- McMaster University
- College of Massage Therapist of Ontario